Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants in Mexico
Dental work can be costly. However…… your oral hygiene is the gateway to your health. So, you will want to make sure that you are taking proper care of it. Not only that, but your smile can have a huge impact on your self-confidence. You might have heard about dental tourism, but you probably still have some lingering questions about what international travel for dental implants in Mexico entails. Whether you are wanting a little trip alongside your dental procedure or are just looking to save money, traveling abroad for dental care can provide you with many benefits.
Our quality network of fully-vetted dental professionals will ensure that you receive the highest level of treatment during your trip, providing you with compassionate care to receive your dental implants in Mexico.
Surgical Guide for Dental Implants Placement in Mexico
When it comes to dental implants in Mexico, there are many different options available. Your dentist will walk you through what treatment options are available to you according to your needs. The most important aspect of any surgical procedure is to follow the instructions and recommendations of your care team. This is because following proper protocol before and after your procedure will help make the experience more comfortable, as well as ensure you receive the best results.
The first step in the treatment process is the consultation. Your dentist will go over your medical history, your dental history, and what treatment options will work for you. They will then go over what the procedure process will look like, timelines, and answer any questions you might have. If you need any scans or X-rays, this is when they will be taken. Then, your written treatment plan will be drawn out.
The next step in the treatment process is to take impressions for your temporary crown or denture. Your dentist will sometimes be able to do this on the same day as your consultation. Your temporary teeth will then be ready for you during the healing process, so you aren’t walking around toothless!
If you need any extractions, that will be the next step. After the extractions, your titanium screw will be put into place and you can leave with your temporary teeth.
Your dentist will give you a detailed care plan that you should follow in order to achieve the best results. Healing times can vary, but generally average around three months. After the healing time is over, you will then travel back to Mexico for your final implant.
Cost of Dental Implants in Mexico
Generally speaking, the cost of dental implants in Mexico is considered quite affordable when compared to prices in the United States. The average cost for a crown in the United States can range from $1,200 to $2,000. The average price for a crown in Mexico is around $600. For other types of dental work, the savings can be in the thousands. Comparing prices from different dental offices in Mexico is important. However, you also want to make sure you are aware of what those specific offices offer. This is because in Mexico, just like the United States, different dental offices may offer different procedures. Certain dental treatments and procedures could differ from office to office, so it is important to compare prices appropriately.
The lower costs of dental treatments in Mexico does not equate to lower quality care or equipment used. The same materials are used in Mexico that would be used in the United States. The reason for lower dental costs in Mexico is due to the overall lower cost of living. This means that it costs less to own and operate a dental practice, as well as materials, do not cost as much as in the United States.
Know Before You Go: What Could Prevent You From Getting Dental Implants in Mexico?
Before any medical treatment or procedure, it is important to consult your primary healthcare team. This is because your healthcare provider has all the information regarding your current medical conditions, medications, and medical history. During your initial consultation with your dentist, you will need to be honest when you are presented with questions. Some conditions that may prevent you from getting dental care in Mexico include:
- Systemic diseases. Liver and kidney diseases may prevent you from qualifying for dental treatment abroad. This may also be true if you have uncontrolled diabetes or are currently going through chemotherapy treatments.
- Periodontal disease. Active periodontal disease will prevent you from obtaining dental implants in Mexico. However, you can still get your periodontal disease treated in Mexico and set up with a care plan.
- Weak bone. If you have weak or fragile bones in your facial regions, your dental professional may opt for a different treatment method than dental implants, as this could cause you further issues. Other treatment methods will help you without causing damage or discomfort.
- Smoking. Being a smoker will not typically disqualify you from dental implants. However, you will need to stop smoking before your procedure and while you heal. This is because smoking can significantly affect the healing process.
Dental Tourism in Cancun, Mexico
Skyrocketing dental prices in the United States have led to many patients seeking other, more affordable, options. Cancun is one dental tourism destination many people needing dental treatment have their sights on. This is because the flight time is generally reasonable, the prices are low, and the quality of care is elevated. Not to mention, the scenery makes Cancun a very sought after destination.
Cancun Mexico Dental Prices
Dental treatment prices in Mexico can vary depending on the location. So, what are the dental prices in Cancun? Costs of crowns average anywhere from $65 to $500. Dentures average around $400. Dental Implants start at around $200. Since Cancun is located close to the United States when you compare it with cities in other countries, it is often recommended to patients that would need to visit Mexico more than once to complete their treatment.
Why Should You Get Dental Implants in Mexico?
Thousands of patients flock each year to Mexico instead of paying prices at their local dentist office. This makes Mexico one of the top places for dental tourism and for good reason.
- Trained dentists. Mexico boasts a rigorous education protocol for those wanting to work in the dental field. This includes community work, college study, and potentially additional schooling. Dental practices in Mexico are upheld to a high standard of care.
- Affordable pricing. Pay less than half, in some instances, than you would in the United States for your dental care. Mexico offers clear pricing structures that outline exactly what you will be paying for, so there aren’t any hidden fees.
- English speaking. Since Mexico is a hub for dental tourism, many providers have English speakers in their offices to help accommodate patients.
- Mini vacation. You will be in Mexico. So, you might as well live it up a little while you’re there. Plan your procedure or treatment to ensure that you have some extra time to explore Mexico and make the most out of your trip.
Will You Get Quality Dental Implants in Mexico?
There are reputable dental practices located in Mexico that will provide you with quality treatment options. However, there are also others that are of lower quality. These other practices may not be operating up to code or may overcharge you for their services. It is important that you have a trusted source that provides you with guidance and properly vet dental practices in order to provide you with the best options for your care.
How Can You Get Dental Implants in Mexico?
Finding a dental clinic in Mexico can feel overwhelming. So, we’ll take it from here! We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a streamlined process to give them unparalleled dental options in Mexico. Our trained team knows the ins and outs of dentistry, selecting the very best dental professionals in order to meet your individual needs.
Is it cheaper to go to Mexico for dental implants? When compared to dental procedure costs in the United States, Mexico offers more affordable pricing for a number or different procedures and treatment options.
How much is a full set of veneers in Mexico? Costs can vary depending on location, but the average price for composite veneers in Mexico is $280.
Are dental implants painful? The procedure itself is not painful, as anesthesia is utilized by the dentist. However, some patients may notice soreness following the procedure. This is to be expected and is part of the healing process. Patients should follow their care guide in order to minimize discomfort or contact their dentist.